ARK's GRABBER XXT TEXTURED
ARK's Textured Grabber® is a textured version of the very popular ARK's Grabber® chewy tool. Use it to build jaw strength and to normalize the sensory system within the oral cavity.
Invented by Debra C. Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP, ARK's Textured Grabber® is a textured version of the popular Grabber® oral motor chewy tool.
Grabbers® help desensitize the mouth, decrease oral defensiveness/aversions, and transition individuals with sensory issues from puréed to textured foods. ARK Textured Grabber® can be used:
- as a mouthing toy,
- as a safe alternative to chewing on shirts, hands, knuckles and pencils,
- as an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking,
- to help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions,
- to practice biting and chewing skills,
- to exercise jaw strength and stability,
- to satisfy the urge to chew for many exceptional kids
- easy-to-hold loop;
- long extension for reaching the back molars;
- 3 different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps, all 3 perfect for realistic non-food chewing practice.
ARK Textured Grabber® comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels: Standard (red or magenta) - These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them. Recommended for mild chewers and/or beginners practicing biting/chewing skills Medium Firm / XT (lime green) - XT stands for "Xtra Tough," recommended for moderate chewing. These are firmer, but still chewy. Very Firm / XXT (royal blue) - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough," recommended for more avid chewing. These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough.
ARK manufactures the Grabber® in the USA! It's medical grade, FDA compliant, and contains NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
Measures: approximately 5 inches lengthwise, just under 2 across the loop, and half an inch thick.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Recommended for children 3 years and up. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.